December 2, 2010

Electric-Steam Hybrid Motorcycle

Tom Sepes created a steam throwing, electric, sci-fi motorbiking contraption. It is built on a 1967 Tote-Gote frame, has a 15bhp electric motor and generates a gush of steam thanks to a rear mounted boiler. You can ride and get your face steamed at the same time.

Steampunk-Motorbike-1

It has a mechanical brake that Tom made from just a metal disk welded onto the rear hub, and a brake caliper from a motorcycle brake.

Steampunk-Motorbike-10

When I was building it, I took a fire extinguisher tank - It all came down to aesthetics. I was looking at my drawings, figuring out where it would go. The steam boiler came from an aesthetic need, form before function, and the fire extinguisher fit what I wanted. So I cut a hole in the bottom of the tank, slipped a pipe in it, welded it on both sides. So that then I had a chamber with a through tube, which became the flame tube. It's not very efficient; there should be more coils in there. But on the other hand, if I crank it up really high, then you get flames shooting out the back of the bike. Which is cool.

Steampunk-Motorbike-11 Steampunk-Motorbike-12 Steampunk-Motorbike-2 Steampunk-Motorbike-3 Steampunk-Motorbike-4 Steampunk-Motorbike-5 Steampunk-Motorbike-6 Steampunk-Motorbike-7 Steampunk-Motorbike-8 Steampunk-Motorbike-9

source:

0 Responses to “Electric-Steam Hybrid Motorcycle”

All Rights Reserved MegaMachine | Blogger Template by Bloggermint